The Wertz Warriors Story - a book by Richard L. Baldwin
For twenty-five years, a group of men, rightfully named the “Wertz Warriors” by the late and great Detroit sports writer, Joe Falls, have ridden their snowmobiles throughout northern Michigan, raising money so that Special Olympics Michigan Winter Games can be fully funded.
It began with a dream by Detroit Tiger great Vic Wertz to help people with intellectual disabilities. Between 1982 and 2006 more than $6,000,000 has been raised to support athletes from throughout Michigan.
The Wertz Warrior Story is a moving tribute to the human spirit and a group of men who see a need and give their hearts and soles to make a difference in people’s lives.” All proceeds from the purchase of this $15 book benefit Special Olypmics Michigan.
To purchase a copy of Warriors and Special Olympics: The Wertz Warriors Story, contact Sue at (586) 954-9770 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6/20: Water Warriors Boatyard Grille (Chesterfield Township)
- 6/21: 2013 Deputy Sheriff's Golf Outing (Cadillac)
- 6/21: 6th Annual Highlands Golf Classic (Grand Rapids)
- 6/22: Area 8 Miniature Golf (Okemos, Michigan 48864)
- 6/23: 7th Annual Area 19 Golf Scramble (Battle Creek)
- 6/24: 2013 MOMC Charity Muskie Derby (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- 6/25: Water Warriors Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser (Port Huron)
- 7/1: Annual Midland Golf Outing (Midland)
- 7/13: 3rd Annual Buffalo Wings & Rings Golf Outing (Macomb, MI 48042)
- 7/27: LETR Torch Ride