Chrysler Continues to Support Special Olympics Michigan at 2012 State Cycling Finals
By: Natilie Williams
Chrysler Group LLC volunteers were ready to lend a helping hand with a record number of 185 competing athletes at the Special Olympics Michigan 2012 State Cycling Finals. The competition was held Saturday, September 8 at Chrysler Group LLC's Chelsea Proving Grounds.
Chrysler Group LLC volunteer Paul Fleury of Royal Oak, Mich. is a first time Special Olympics Michigan volunteer that glowed with joy as he interacted with the athletes. Paul described that he channeled his excitement from the athletes that were ecstatic to race.
"My aunt has Down syndrome, which makes me more aware of people's needs. I recommend that others come out and volunteer at these events," said Paul.
At Opening Ceremonies, Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Bob Pierce, welcomed Special Olympics Michigan athletes, parents, staff and volunteers. Pierce was sure to include his admiration of Chrysler Group LLC's philanthropic endeavors. "Chrysler is one of the finest corporate citizens," said Pierce.
Bob Jordan, Senior Manager of Chelsea Proving Grounds, announced that he looks forward to Chrysler Group continuing their relationship with Special Olympics Michigan.
Thank you to event sponsors Chrysler Group LLC and Jimmy Johns for all of their work and support at the Special Olympics Michigan 2012 State Cycling Finals.
- 6/20: Water Warriors Boatyard Grille (Chesterfield Township)
- 6/21: 2013 Deputy Sheriff's Golf Outing (Cadillac)
- 6/21: 6th Annual Highlands Golf Classic (Grand Rapids)
- 6/22: Area 8 Miniature Golf (Okemos, Michigan 48864)
- 6/23: 7th Annual Area 19 Golf Scramble (Battle Creek)
- 6/24: 2013 MOMC Charity Muskie Derby (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- 6/25: Water Warriors Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser (Port Huron)
- 7/1: Annual Midland Golf Outing (Midland)
- 7/13: 3rd Annual Buffalo Wings & Rings Golf Outing (Macomb, MI 48042)
- 7/27: LETR Torch Ride