2012 Rev It Up Ride
- Friday June 1, 2012
- Final Destination: Kelly/Shorts Stadium (CMU Campus)
- Mt. Pleasant, MI
- Where: Final Destination:
Kelly/Shorts Stadium (CMU Campus)
Mt. Pleasant, MI
- When: June 1, 2012
- Cost: Suggested donation $50 - There are many different levels to participate and Incentives are available to anyone raising/donating over $50.
- Who: Anyone who rides a motorcycle and wants to support life-changing programs throughout Michigan.
- What: Ride on your own or as a group to Mt. Pleasant. Upon your arrival to the gathering location, all riders will take part in a Recognition Ceremony and meal. Following the Recognition Ceremony, all riders will ride their motorcycles through campus to Kelly/Shorts Stadium and participate in Closing Ceremonies of Special Olympics Michigan's State Summer Games, featuring a special "Rev It Up" moment and autograph session for athletes.
Moose Lodges throughout Michigan will be organizing groups to ride together to Mt. Pleasant. Everyone is welcome to join the lodge closest to your location.
Rev It Up Ride 2012 Schedule
4:00-5:30 p.m. Arrival in Mt. Pleasant
"Rev It Up Ride" Reception
5:30-6:00 p.m. Recognition Ceremony
6:00-6:30 p.m. Motorcycle Procession to
6:30-8:00 p.m. SOMI's State Summer Games
8:15 p.m. Depart
*Registrations will be accepted on the day of the event.
Rev It Up at the Summer Games
Each year over 5,000 athletes, family members, volunteers and supports gather on the campus of Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant for Special Olympics Michigan State Summer Games. During this three-day event, athletes from across the state compete in 12 sports, earning medals and ribbons for their achievements. In 2012, riders participating in the "Rev It Up Ride" will participate in a special "Rev It Up" moment. This opportunity will not only thrill the crowd, but touch the lives of all of our riders.
Rev It Up Ride Incentives
Incentives are not the reason we ride, but they are still fun. Riders raising or donating over $50 will receive these great incentives.
- $50 "Rev It Up Ride" Patch and Pin
- $100 "Rev It Up Ride" T-Shirt
- $250 "Rev It Up Ride" Hat
- $500 "Rev It Up Ride" Sweatshirt
- $1,000 "Rev It Up Ride" $1K Club Glass Stein
- $2,500 "Rev It Up Ride" Leather Vest
*All riders will receiving entry to the "Rev It Up Ride" Reception and the Closing Ceremonies.
*Any rider raising over $100 will receive a commemorative pin and patch.
Register Today... Be a part of the ride that changes lives.
• Solicit contributions. Any amount will allow you to participate in the ride. Riders raising or donating over $50 will receive great incentives.
• Pre-register by May 25, 2012.
• Following the receipt of your entry fee, a confirmation and fundraising packet will be sent to you. Bring additional contributions to the Reception in Mt. Pleasant on June 1.
• To register:
- Visit www.mimoose.org to register online.
- Visit www.firstgiving.com/somicivic/rev-it-up-ride-2012 to register online.
- Or mail the Registration Form below with your entry fee to :
Special Olympics Michigan
Attn: Rev It Up Ride
4084 John R Road
Troy, MI 48085
Checks can be made out to: Special Olympics Michigan
Rev It Up Ride 2012 is supporting:
Special Olympics Michigan
Special Olympics Michigan (SOMI) offers athletes with intellectual disabilities, regardless of age or ability level, a fair opportunity to develop and demonstrate their skills through year-round sports training and competition and allows them to participate as productive and respected members of society. SOMI currently serves over 19,600 athletes in 23 different sports throughout Michigan. SOMI provides these athletic opportunities to athletes and their families at no cost. Over 20,000 volunteers help support the mission of SOMI.
Michigan Moose Charities
Moose Charities unites with charitable individuals, corporations, foundations, and the Loyal Order of Moose and Women of the Moose, to provide capital and operational support to Mooseheart Child City & School, in Illinois; and to the Moosehaven retirement community in Florida.
Mooseheart provides complete home care, education and training for youth whose families are unable to care for them. Mooseheart focuses on providing an environment that fosters healthy growth and development. Over its 97-year history, Mooseheart has helped change the lives of over 12,000 youth.
Wertz Warriors: A Statewide SOMI Civic Partner supporting riders riding for a cause.
Each winter since 1982, the Wertz Warriors have been riding their snowmobiles on a 900-mile endurance ride throughout northern Michigan. Started by former Detroit Tigers player, Vic Wertz, to fund Special Olympics Michigan's State Winter Games, the Warriors ride throughout northern Michigan raising funds and awareness for people with intellectual disabilities and Special Olympics Michigan. The Wertz Warriors are proud to support the Rev It Up Ride, Michigan Moose Charities, and Special Olympics Michigan. If you are interested in becoming involved with the Wertz Warriors, please visit thier page.
- Contact » Jim Adams