What is the Polar Plunge?
You've never jumped into frigid water in Michigan in the middle of winter? Well, we can help change that!
Each year, the Law Enforcement Torch Run® Polar Plunge series challenges thousands of brave jumpers at numerous locations around the state. It's a great way for everyone - individuals, organizations and businesses - to get involved in supporting Special Olympics Michigan. All funds raised go towards year-round sports training and athletic competition for nearly 21,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities in Michigan.
Think you have what it takes? The concept is simple: participants raise a minimum of $75 and take a dip at any one of the 28 Polar Plunge locations in Michigan. But the Plunges are so much more than that: They're the kind of fun and thrilling events that you really have to experience to understand. Grab some friends, get pumped and register today!
Plungers hit the icy water in Detroit.
28 Polar Plunges in 2016!
28 Law Enforcement Torch Run® Polar Plunges will take place throughout Michigan in January, February and March 2016.
To get involved visit www.firstgiving.com/polarplunge and register for a Polar Plunge. A complete list of dates and locations, including links to online registration for each site, can be found at the bottom of this page.
At your FirstGiving site, you can set up an online pledge page and receive pledge donations for Special Olympics Michigan and keep track of money raised. Your FirstGiving online fundraising page will stay active for three months after the event. This is a great opportunity to change your photo to show your plunge and continue to raise funds!
2016 Polar Plunge Locations
- January 16, 2016: Lake City - Town Pump Saloon
- January 30, 2016: Jackson/Clarklake - The Pointe Bar and Grill
- January 30, 2016: Livingston County - Brighton High School
- January 30, 2016: St. Joseph - The Inn at Harbor Shores
- February 6, 2016: Fenton - Fenton Moose Lodge
- February 6, 2016: Gaylord - Alpenfrost
- February 6, 2016: Muskegon - Fricano's
- February 6, 2016: Traverse City - North Peak Brewing Company
- February 13, 2016: Cheboygan - Hoppies Tavern
- February 13, 2016: Grand Rapids - East Grand Rapids Middle School
- February 13, 2016: Higgins Lake - Gerrish Township Marina
- February 13, 2016: Lake Orion - Buffalo Wild Wings
- February 13, 2016: Greenville - Turk Lake Restaurant and Bar
- February 19, 2016: Ann Arbor - The Big House, University of Michigan
- February 20, 2016: Belleville - BYC
- February 20, 2016: Holland - Ottawa County Fairgrounds
- February 20, 2016: Kalamazoo and Calhoun County - Bell's Brewery
- February 20, 2016: Mt. Pleasant - O'Kelly's/Wayside
- February 20, 2016: Saginaw - G's Pizza/Haithco Park
- February 21, 2016: St. Clair - St. Clair Boat Harbor
- February 27, 2016: Alpena - Sand Bar
- February 27, 2016: Bay City - Dow Bay Area Family YMCA
- February 27, 2016: Chippewa Lake - Chippewa Lake Public Access
- February 27, 2016: Detroit - Cheli's Chili Bar
- February 28, 2016: Lansing - Eagle Eye Golf Course
- March 3, 2016: Legislative - Capitol steps in Lansing
- March 19, 2016: Marquette - Marquette Mountain
- March 20, 2016: Sault Ste. Marie - The Elks