#SOMIplunge Use the hashtag #SOMIplunge on social media - it's the official hashtag of SOMI Polar Plunges, you know!
Statewide Polar Plunge Sponsor:
The annual Law Enforcement Torch Run® (LETR) Polar Plunge series is known for its zany costumes and courageous participants. After raising funds, these participants dress up in costume and prepare to plunge, ready to jump in and freeze their fur for a good cause. Funds can be raised by collecting pledges from friends, family, co-workers and neighbors.
Proceeds from these plunges help support year-round sports training and athletic competition for more than 19,600 children and adults with intellectual disabilities in Michigan.
30 Law Enforcement Torch Run® Polar Plunges will take place throughout Michigan in January, February and March 2014. Plunge sites include Alpena, Belleville, Brighton, Caro, Cheboygan, Chippewa Lake, Clarklake, Detroit, Edwardsburg, Fenton, Gaylord, Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Lake City, Lansing, Lansing Legislative, Macomb County, Marquette, Monroe, Mt. Pleasant, Muskegon, Saginaw/Bay City, Sault Ste. Marie, St. Clair, Shelby Township, Stanton, Sylvan Lake, Traverse City and University of Michigan.
Dates for 2014
Click on a location for more info and online registration
January 11, 2014
January 18, 2014
January 19, 2014
February 1, 2014
February 8, 2014
- Fenton - Fenton Moose Lodge
- Gaylord - Alpine Tavern and Eatery and Downtown Gaylord
- Muskegon - Fricano's
- Turk Lake/Greenville - Turk Lake Restaurant and Bar
- Sylvan Lake - Sylvan Lake Community Center
- Traverse City - Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Cheboygan - Hoppies Bar and Grill
- Detroit - Renaissance Center and Milliken State Park
- East Grand Rapids - East Grand Rapids Middle School
- Edwardsburg - Pleasant Lake
- Higgins Lake - Gerrish Township Marina
- Mt. Pleasant - Central Michigan University Rose Ponds
- Sault Ste. Marie - The Antlers Restaurant
February 22, 2014
- Alpena - The Parker House and Hide-a-Way Bar
- Ann Arbor - University of Michigan Stadium: The Big House
- Belleville - BYC
- Caro - Caro Golf Course
- Chippewa Lake - East Bay General Store
- Holland - Ottawa County Fairgrounds
- Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo College Fieldhouse
- Saginaw/Bay City - Haithco Recreation Area & Saginaw ISD Transition Center
February 23, 2014
February 27, 2014
The series of Polar Plunges is made possible by the Law Enforcement Torch Run®, a group of law enforcement officers and corrections department employees throughout the state who are committed to raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics Michigan Athletes.
Make the commitment. Raise money. Dress up in a zany costume. Jump into frigid water. Watch a friend jump. Support a good cause. The power of plunging.
- Contact » Andrea Rachko
- (800) 644-6404 or (989) 774-3911