Knights of Columbus Statewide Civic Partners
Over the past decade, the Knights of Columbus have donated more than $1 billion to charity and given nearly 700 million hours in humanitarian service.
Annually, the Knights of Columbus raise more than $1 million for various Michigan charities, which includes over $200,000 for Special Olympics Michigan.
The Knights of Columbus join Special Olympics Michigan for most state and regional games, and are recognized for their efforts within those games. One of the highest honors Special Olympics Michigan has is participating in the Summer Games Opening Ceremonies, and each year the Knights of Columbus Fourth Degree Color Corps participate in the presentation of the colors.
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic fraternal men's organization, formed to render financial aid to families in times of crisis. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to the sick, disabled and needy. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works through the principals of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism. The Knights of Columbus have grown nationally to more than 15,000 local councils and 1.8 million members who are committed to making their communities a better place.
- Knights of Columbus at Opening Ceremonies of the State Summer Games
- 4/25: Craftabulous Retreat Weekend April 25-27 (Utica)
- 4/26: Area 29 Bowl-A-Thon (Hillsdale)
- 5/2: 2014 Breakfast of Champions (Detroit)
- 5/10: 2014 Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase (Ann Arbor)
- 5/10: 4th Annual LETR Capital Area Dodgeball Tournament (East Lansing)
- 5/18: 2014 Knights of Columbus Golf Scramble (Lowell)
- 5/29: 2014 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/30: 2014 Rev It Up Ride (Mount Pleasant)
- 6/14: 2014 USA Games