Knights of Columbus Statewide Civic Partners
Over the past decade, the Knights of Columbus have donated more than $1 billion to charity and given nearly 700 million hours in humanitarian service.
Annually, the Knights of Columbus raise more than $1 million for various Michigan charities, which includes over $200,000 for Special Olympics Michigan.
The Knights of Columbus join Special Olympics Michigan for most state and regional games, and are recognized for their efforts within those games. One of the highest honors Special Olympics Michigan has is participating in the Summer Games Opening Ceremonies, and each year the Knights of Columbus Fourth Degree Color Corps participate in the presentation of the colors.
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic fraternal men's organization, formed to render financial aid to families in times of crisis. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to the sick, disabled and needy. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works through the principals of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism. The Knights of Columbus have grown nationally to more than 15,000 local councils and 1.8 million members who are committed to making their communities a better place.
- Knights of Columbus at Opening Ceremonies of the State Summer Games
- 8/2: 2014 MPG Dream Ride (Milford)
- 8/4: 23rd Annual Special Olympics of Golf at Pine Trace (Rochester Hills)
- 8/4: 2014 Area 11 Golf Outing (Grand Rapids)
- 8/12: 2014 Medaling Monkey 5k Walk/Run (Grand Rapids)
- 8/23: 2nd Annual Rheeder Pig Roast (Harrison Township)
- 8/23: 3D Archery Shoot and Trap Shoot (Hemlock)
- 9/26: 2014 State Fall Games (Ypsilanti, Canton and Chelsea)
- 10/10: 2014 Inspire Greatness Gala (Detroit)
- 2/3: 2015 State Winter Games
- 5/28: 2015 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)