Knights of Columbus Statewide Civic Partners
Over the past decade, the Knights of Columbus have donated nearly $1 Billion to charity and given nearly 400 million hours in humanitarian service. As Special Olympics celebrates its fortieth anniversary, the Knights of Columbus celebrate One Hundred Twenty Five years of Catholic Faith in Action.
Annually, the Knights of Columbus raise more than $1 million for various Michigan Charities, which included over $160,000 for Special Olympics Michigan in 2007.
The Knights of Columbus join Special Olympics Michigan for most state and regional games, and are recognized for their efforts within those games. One of the highest honors Special Olympics Michigan has is participating in the Summer Games Opening Ceremonies, and each year the Knights of Columbus Fourth Degree Color Corps participate in the presentation of the colors.
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic fraternal men's organization, formed to render financial aid to families in times of crisis. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to the sick, disabled and needy. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works through the principals of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism. The Knights of Columbus have grown nationally to more than 13,000 local councils and 1.7 million members who are committed to making their communities a better place.
- 3/15: 2014 Marquette Polar Plunge (Marquette)
- 3/15: 2014 State Unified Basketball (Kalamazoo)
- 3/21: 2014 State Basketball Finals (Rockford)
- 3/29: Port Huron Dodgeball Tournament (Port Huron)
- 4/26: Area 29 Bowl-A-Thon (Hillsdale)
- 5/29: 2014 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 6/14: 2014 USA Games
- 7/19: 2014 LETR Grand Rapids Plane Pull (Grand Rapids)
- 8/12: 2014 Medaling Monkey 5k Walk/Run (Grand Rapids)
- 2/3: 2015 State Winter Games