Law Enforcement Torch Run® Statewide Civic Partners
The Law Enforcement Torch Run® is the single largest grassroots fundraising effort for Special Olympics International. Michigan's Torch Run program had a record breaking year in 2012, raising over $1,000,000 for the athletes who participate in Special Olympics Michigan. The two main goals of the Law Enforcement Torch Run® are raise funds and to create awareness for the athletes who participate in Special Olympics Michigan.
As Michigan's Special Olympics program continues to grow, more funding is needed to support the athletes and their families because there is no cost to participate. This is where the support of the law enforcement community becomes crucial. By getting more involved in Michigan's Torch Run program you can help raise funds and create awareness for our athletes.
There are many ways for you and your department to get involved. Officers from across the state host different agency fundraising events, assist in medal presentations at State Summer and Winter Games, sell merchandise and raffle tickets, participate in a Polar Plunge or a local Community Run.
"We appreciate our Law Enforcement Torch Run support immensely," said Lois Arnold, President and CEO of Special Olympics Michigan. "The money raised has an amazing and positive impact on the lives of our athletes and their families."
The Winter Edition of The Guardian is now available. Please enjoy it by viewing or downloading here.
- 5/25: Volleyball Tournament (Carson City, MI 48811)
- 5/30: 2013 State Summer Games (Mount Pleasant)
- 5/31: Wertz Warriors Golf Outing (Macomb)
- 5/31: Rev It Up Ride (Mt. Pleasant)
- 6/2: 7th Annual Office Lounge Golf Outing (Port Huron)
- 6/8: BEneFIT Pedal Walk (Bay City)
- 6/8: 2013 5K Foam Fest (Shelby Twp., Michigan)
- 6/15: 2013 MWCAA Corporate Cup Relays (Lathrup Village)
- 6/17: Area 8 Golf Invitational (East Lansing)