Law Enforcement Torch Run® Statewide Civic Partners
- 1/9-1/10 : Law Enforcement Torch Run Kickoff Conference
- 1/11 : 2014 Brighton Polar Plunge
- 1/18 : 2014 Battle Creek Polar Plunge
- 2/8 : 2014 Turk Lake Polar Plunge
- 2/8 : 2014 Traverse City Polar Plunge
- 2/8 : 2014 Fenton Polar Plunge
- 2/8 : 2014 Muskegon Polar Plunge
- 2/8 : 2014 Sylvan Lake Polar Plunge
- 2/15 : 2014 Edwardsburg Polar Plunge
- 2/15 : 2014 Detroit Polar Plunge
- 2/15 : 2014 East Grand Rapids Polar Plunge
- 2/15 : 2014 Mount Pleasant Polar Plunge
- 2/15 : 2014 Sault Ste. Marie Polar Plunge
- 2/15 : 2014 Higgins Lake Polar Plunge
- 2/22 : 2014 U of M Polar Plunge
- 2/22 : 2014 Kalamazoo Polar Plunge
- 2/22 : 2014 Holland Polar Plunge
- 2/22 : 2014 Alpena Polar Plunge
- 2/22 : 2014 Saginaw/Bay City Polar Plunge
- 2/23 : 2014 Lansing Polar Plunge
- 3/1 : Fifth Annual Curling Funspiel
- 3/15 : 2014 Marquette Polar Plunge
The Law Enforcement Torch Run® is the single largest grassroots fundraising effort for Special Olympics International. Michigan's Torch Run program had a record breaking year in 2012, raising over $1,000,000 for the athletes who participate in Special Olympics Michigan. The two main goals of the Law Enforcement Torch Run® are raise funds and to create awareness for the athletes who participate in Special Olympics Michigan.
As Michigan's Special Olympics program continues to grow, more funding is needed to support the athletes and their families because there is no cost to participate. This is where the support of the law enforcement community becomes crucial. By getting more involved in Michigan's Torch Run program you can help raise funds and create awareness for our athletes.
There are many ways for you and your department to get involved. Officers from across the state host different agency fundraising events, assist in medal presentations at State Summer and Winter Games, sell merchandise and raffle tickets, participate in a Polar Plunge or a local Community Run.
"We appreciate our Law Enforcement Torch Run support immensely," said Lois Arnold, President and CEO of Special Olympics Michigan. "The money raised has an amazing and positive impact on the lives of our athletes and their families."
The Winter Edition of The Guardian is now available. Please enjoy it by viewing or downloading here.
- 12/14: Stoney Creek Wertz Warriors Auction (Onaway)
- 1/9: Law Enforcement Torch Run Kickoff Conference (Acme)
- 1/11: 2014 Brighton Polar Plunge (Brighton)
- 1/18: 2014 Lake City Polar Plunge (Lake City)
- 1/18: 2014 Battle Creek Polar Plunge (Battle Creek)
- 1/19: 2014 Monroe Polar Plunge (Monroe)
- 2/1: 2014 Jackson/Clarklake Polar Plunge (Clarklake)